Google: Where's the Real Gmail App for Windows Mobile?

Tuesday, July 14, 2009
After all this time, you'd think WinMo users would have an honest-to-goodness Gmail application. Instead, our choices are firing up Opera and dealing with the sucky web interface. Or using the now-ancient and seriously lacking Java app. Or using Outlook and IMAP. Hardly what I'd call real choices.

Of the three, I use the Java app almost exclusively. At least it threads conversations and lets me mark messages as spam. But its UI is rather weak, I can't view most attachments, and it won't let me change the time zone from GMT so every message appears to have arrived 10 hours before it actually did.

Here again, why do iPhone users get special treatment? At least when they use Safari, they get an updated and modern UI with a cool "floaty bar."

It just ain't fair.

0 comments: